Job Title: Account Manager – Sales
Title Division: Sales
Reporting To: Sales Director
Artech Lighting is an international provider of integral LED lighting solutions, focusing on architectural products for new build and retrofit applications. Ergonomics, economic efficiency, and environmental compatibility are key drivers within our product strategies. Our foundation was cast by people in the lighting industry and built on the profound knowledge and understanding of architecturally attractive product design, lighting and its effect on people.
The job holder will be responsible for both incoming and outbound sales enquiries and possess the ability to identify and grow sales opportunities. In this capacity the individual will be expected to work in line with a sales target in order to contribute to the company meeting its overall organisational objectives. An account management approach should be adopted with exceptional customer service considered in all customer contact. A large part of the role will focus on maintaining and cultivating significant relationships with key stakeholders within the industry in order to bring in enquiries and proactively follow these up in order to convert them in to actual sales. Effective communication and negotiation skills are essential for this role.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for business development in a sales capacity working to achieve insight in to upcoming project based lighting enquiries. An organised and driven approach needs to be taken with all enquiries to ensure the conversion of actual sales, establishing Artech as a leader within the lighting market. The execution of advanced negotiation and communication skills will allow detailed information to be collated, obtaining a full understanding of the clients design and concept, enabling innovative and compelling solutions to be put forward for consideration. It will be the Account Managers role to ensure these opportunities are followed up with key decision makers with an influential stance to ensure that the end converted sale is commercially beneficial to the business. Effective account management will also include the delivery of exceptional customer service whilst being an ambassador for Artech Lighting services and brand. consulting with key clients to manage expectations and advise clients in order to deliver exceptional services.
- Identifies new opportunities within the market place with an entrepreneurial attitude and vision.
- Identifies and evaluates new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations
- Is an ambassador for Artech Lighting, delivering compelling introductions, presentations and calls to key decision makers within the industry to allow the development and insight in to upcoming projects and opportunities.
- Works to own initiative ensuring that a productive angle is always adopted.
- Has the ability and experience to thrive when working under pressure in order to achieve and exceed set sales targets and KPI’s.
- Can effectively negotiate and influence in order to evolve opportunities to sales orders.
- Can work in an organised manner in order to deliver accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Should consider the needs of the client and be able to put forward and promote the cost effectiveness and energy-efficiency of solutions.
- Takes charge of own learning and development in order to obtain a technical understanding of lighting to allow relevant conversations to take place with key decision makers.
- Maintains and builds beneficial business relationships and has the ability to manage a large account base, with regular interaction with key contacts for optimum awareness of potential opportunities.
- Previous successful experience in a sales and business development role supported with a portfolio of large projects and order values that have confirmed to be secured / won.
- Ability to present professional image of self and our company.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience utilising skills in influencing and negotiation.
- Preference for action – Proactive in identifying opportunities, self-starter, and strives to deliver in accordance to and exceeding sales targets.
- Customer and Service Orientation – Delivers exceptional customer service whilst showing dedication to meeting the operational needs of assigned and identified clients.
- Communication skills – Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate positively and effectively to ensure that solutions are put forward in line with client expectations.
- Written skills – good writing skills to provide customer facing correspondence and detailed forecasting reports.
- Planning and Organisation – Ability to manage and build a large account base and managing a high work load.
- Motivation – Has the ability to self-motivate.
- Team work – Has the ability to work well both independently and as a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability – Can be flexible to travel and adaptable in approach for each individual client.
Education & Qualifications
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Multi Version.
- Valid driving license is essential to this position due to business requirements of attending meetings and events regularly across the UK.
Note: The general responsibilities listed herein above are not exhaustive and as such additional duties, which are related to this position in the Company, may be added on the above list as and when it deems necessary.